Tuesday

Philosophy Of Loss

I expected it to hurt, but not this much. Even though I've had to do this before, it wasn't the same then as it is now.

No tears, though.

The more I gave, the more I knew I'd feel this way in the end, but I still wasn't prepared for it. I'm experiencing a strange paradox, one in which I'm ready for change and yet I don't want it to come.

But I'm fine. No tears.

The whole part of my heart feels more like a hole. My head pounds, my stomach hurts, and I miss you. Endings have always been hard because I'm caught in a loop where endings make the fear grow stronger and fear makes the endings more frightening.

I'm not fine, but I will be eventually. No tears.

2 comments:

  1. I like your labels. They're like hashtags.

    Welcome to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way...

    the students will be having a vote regarding the inclusion of an OTHER WRITERS section this year. The reason it may not happen is because there is an extra class this year, so there will be 105 writers instead of 70.

    Either way, I hope you keep writing.

    ReplyDelete