Thursday

Peace Tonight

The other day, I had a thought. Shocking, I know. But I wondered to myself, what is wealth? And I decided that it depends on your point of view.

To some, it's crisp green dollar bills waiting to be spent. It looks like a white mansion on a hill, private jets, and designer jeans. It sounds like the clinking of champagne glasses and smells like brand new leather seats, and it tastes like sun-kissed skin and Covergirl lipstick. It feels like carefree living.

But to someone else, wealth brings to mind a summer sunset shared with a loved one. It appears in the smiles of long-lost friends, photographs of happy memories, and the way a rainbow can appear for just a moment before fading again. It's there in the sound of a baby laughing, the smell of extended family barbecues, and the taste of homemade chocolate chip cookies after a long day at school. And it feels as though your heart's being ripped apart but knowing that it's because whoever caused it added value to your life.

I don't have a lot of money. I don't live in a mansion or wear designer jeans, and I don't wear makeup, even the cheap kind. Despite that, I still have wealth.

1 comment:

  1. there needs to be more people with this point of view

    ReplyDelete