Friday

Kid Fears

Even though I'm all grown up, I'm still afraid of the dark. The dark outside is bad enough, but the darkness inside my head is worse.

I would have told you I was scared, but I didn't want to lie. The truth is, I wasn't scared, I was terrified. Still am. I'm terrified that you're a tourist. That you're here to vacation in my life for a little while and then cut and run once you get bored of me.

Am I right? Because my heart is too invested in you, and it's not paying off anymore. Maybe if I'd put more in, it would have been enough to tip the scales in our favor. Maybe I wasn't committed enough, but I'm scared of commitment too.

No, this investment isn't failing because I didn't put in enough. It's because I put in too much.  I risked my heart and I'm going to lose it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment