Thursday

Center Stage

I once went to a concert. A free concert by a band I didn't know much of. I'd heard a couple of their songs, but I only went because my friends were going.

The lead singer spoke. He told us about a mobile app for love. He said he didn't think love was supposed to be that way. And he asked if that's what love is in this century. And then he sang. His voice was so powerful that I swayed along, the bass so heavy that my skin vibrated with ever beat, the roar of the crowd consuming.

Two days later, I heard another man speak. He had a different kind of voice, quieter, more distant, but just as powerful. A different call to action, so unlike the first. But I didn't want to act.

Now I'm drowning in the words. I can't dance but the music is everywhere and I don't know what to think. I could dance with everyone else, but I stay out of the limelight because I've never been good at being the center of attention. It's too overwhelming. So instead I watch as everyone else stays afloat, and I'm still drowning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment