Saturday

History Of Us

I never expected you. You came into my life too slowly, and you were gone again before I had time to catch up.

If someone had told me my life would change because of you, I wouldn't have believed them.

I met you every week and we talked for hours. Time flew when I was with you. I was never worried about getting home.

If someone had told me how I'd feel when you were gone, I wouldn't have believed them.

When you left I cried myself to sleep. I thought I deserved to be happy, but your happiness came first.

If someone had told me you'd hurt me like this, I wouldn't have believed them.

I did my best not to think about you. My best wasn't good enough, but I still kept my mouth shut.

People told me that time would heal, and I didn't believe them. Until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment